|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2017|
The Senior Director, Bundled Payment Solutions will report to the Vice President of Payor Strategy and play a key role in the strategic and financial well-being of the institution. This newly created position will be responsible for the development and execution of episode-based bundled payment solutions. These bundled payment solutions are offered and sold to organizations with large employee bases, as well as to payors and insurance companies, establishing them as “providers of choice.” The objectives of these bundled solutions are to increase patient satisfaction by improving outcomes, while simultaneously reducing healthcare costs.
The Senior Director will work with a diverse team of specialists in the Payor Strategy Department, overseeing the development of a global strategy and the framework for bundled payment reimbursement models. This challenging leadership role will interface with many departments and functions within the hospital and will require an individual capable of collaborating with, influencing, and motivating a multi-stakeholder environment.
The Senior Director will be a part of the senior leadership team within the Finance Department and will work closely with other members of the Payor Strategy Department to help implement and continuously improve the implementation of the hospital’s financial strategy as it relates to this role. He/she will represent the department through active participation on projects and committees.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction for the hospital’s bundled payments solutions strategy and the implementation of that strategy.
- Create goals and work plans for the overall function that are aligned with those of the institution and department.
- Manage the enterprise-negotiation process for all bundled risk contracts.
- Evaluate bundled payment opportunities through an analytical decision-making process; make rational recommendations to senior leadership, aligning value and risk with the hospital’s long-term financial goals.
- Through collaboration with stakeholders, develop new risk-sharing agreements that are innovative and highly competitive.
- Act as the SME (subject-matter expert) on all matters related to bundled payments.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the institution and its value proposition in the marketplace; effectively communicate and “sell” the HSS value proposition to bundled payment partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree (M.B.A.) is preferred.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Solid experience (5-8 years) of progressive leadership experience in healthcare financial management (e.g. managed care/reimbursement/bundled payments) is required. Minimum of 3 years’ negotiating/contracting experience is required.
- Proven experience and expertise in reimbursement methodologies is required. Experience working in major health systems and/or health plans is desirable.
- Major teaching/surgical-hospital experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of risk and/or bundled payment solutions is required.
- Understands healthcare costs; robust knowledge of health-plan analytics: specifically, claims and payment methodologies.
- Knowledge of and some expertise in revenue cycle is desirable, but not required.
- Technology and system savvy: MS Office, database skills, and Decision Support Skills; working knowledge of Epic is a plus.
Applicants should send a current resume in Word or PDF format to:
Ms. Chiharu (Cara) Arai
Senior Engagement Director
3D Leadership, LLC